PDA

View Full Version : 5 wrasses Temporary housing

huskerreef
07/23/2007, 09:00 PM
I have a 29 biocube mainly to house a pair of Marjorie Wrasses, very expensive and rare and a Male Hooded Wrasse(temporarily). I am curious to get opinions on the ability to add 2 more flame wrasses temporarily til the weekend as I will be out of town and would like to socialize the new wrasses into my 240 in a clear floating socialization container I have borrowed. I do not want to leave them in the 240 while I am gone for fear my wife will not get enough food to them nor recognize a problem. The 240 is part of a total system of 1250 gallons and this nano stuff is bit new to me and would hate to kill off a very pricey pair of fish. Any thoughts??

murfman
07/24/2007, 12:27 AM
What is the difference if you wife doesnt feed them enough in the 240 vs. the nano? Why are you trying to socialize them? Are you afraid that something will chase them? Personally, if I were doing this, I would wait until I was home and then add them to the 240.

huskerreef
07/24/2007, 06:33 AM
the issue is that I ordered the fish on friday and they shipped yesterday to arrive today and I am traveling a bit unexpected. the only issue is that I am not sure if feeding these floating containers is as easy as feeding the rest of the tanks. I am concerned with the harassment factor from the other fish and have experienced some losses from that over the years and these fish I am getting are a bit pricey.

murfman
07/25/2007, 12:21 AM
Maybe someone in your society can watch them for you till you get back?