PDA

View Full Version : Just started stocking my 125FOWLR

welsher7
07/25/2007, 03:50 PM
Today I purchased a 4" Volitans lionfish that is already on frozen foods and a 5" Blue Tang. I'm not sure what else to stock. I saw some Schooling Bannerfish (Heniochus diphreutes) that looked cool and I have done some reading on them. Do you think I could have 3 of these bannerfish? So my final stocking list would be:
Volitans Lionfish
Blue Tang
3 Schooling bannerfish

AquaKnight
07/25/2007, 06:26 PM
Tough one, would you plan to upgrade or keep this one permanently? Heniochus get decent sized, but I'm not real sure of their schooling ability in aquaria. Probably would have tuff wars when they grow, though that's a complete stab in the dark...

LisaD
07/25/2007, 07:08 PM
I think you might be okay for life with this list. Interesting, nice mix.

welsher7
07/25/2007, 07:22 PM
I'm planning on this being permant, becuase I don't know when I will be able to upgrade to a larger tank. Everything I have read on them says they get about 7" and as long as the group is introduced at the same time they will establish a pecking order and get along from that point on.

AquaKnight
07/25/2007, 08:17 PM
Yea, that's true, I've seen 5 yellow tangs in a 200 or 300 work, so the Heni's could definitely work now that I'm thinking about it.

I didn't think they got really big either, but a saw one on Discovery's Planet Earth (on the reef one obviously) and it was a monster, dwarfing big queen angels no problem. Probably was a relic. I love Heni's so be sure to post some pics up in due time :cool:

welsher7
07/25/2007, 08:22 PM
Will do. I'm a little worried about adding so many fish so fast. I think 5 fish in a week would be alot. Am I wrong?

DamnPepShrimp
07/25/2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah 5 fish is a bit much in a week. I would wait a couple weeks. Just keep an eye on the parameters. You should be fine with those fish in a 125g. I would think it would need a little more color though, maybe some red, flame angel or flame hawk? Also what tang do you have since many are named blue tangs. Hippo, atlantic blue or?

welsher7
07/25/2007, 11:24 PM
I have a hippo tang, and I think my lion is russells. I was thinking I needed some red too, but I don't know what add that won't get eatin.