PDA

View Full Version : Recieved pump today and

spongebobby
07/25/2007, 04:47 PM
I recieved my pump today(Panworld 50px-x). The problem is that is all I recieved. NO box, NO directions nothing but the pump and a reciept. Also I pulled the gray stoppers out of the pump and the thing is full of water. I have never ordered something new that didn't come with a box and directions.

I hope that this can be resolved as I am not pleased at the moment. I have purchased pumps in the past and they have all came in there own packaging and documentation (even Panworld).

Please contact me at your earliest convience.
Sending PM with contact info

Robert

Jeremy B.
07/25/2007, 07:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10413187#post10413187 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spongebobby
I recieved my pump today(Panworld 50px-x). The problem is that is all I recieved. NO box, NO directions nothing but the pump and a reciept. Also I pulled the gray stoppers out of the pump and the thing is full of water. I have never ordered something new that didn't come with a box and directions.

I hope that this can be resolved as I am not pleased at the moment. I have purchased pumps in the past and they have all came in there own packaging and documentation (even Panworld).

Please contact me at your earliest convience.
Sending PM with contact info

Robert

Hi Robert,

Everything with the pump actually sounds normal. When PanWorld ships us the smaller PW pumps, 100PX and smaller, they come in an extremely thin styro box with a label on the outside of them. The 150PS and larger pumps actually have a cardboard box around their styro box. When the smaller pumps are shipped they are all put into a large cardboard shipping box. With the pumps being so heavy they tear the proverbial "you know what" out of them when shipped. On every shipment we have multiple pumps that the styro is so torn up we just trash it and ship it with the bag that it was originally wrapped in only, and then inside our own packaging of course.

The water inside is completely normal, as the pumps are wet tested, then plugged before shipping.

Unfortunately PanWorld does not include any type of directions/instructions/warranty manual with any of their pumps. We have literally hundreds of these pumps on the shelf, and not one of them contains any paperwork, I apologize.

If you do have any questions on hook up, installation or any problems with the pump at all please do not hesitate to give us a call!

spongebobby
07/25/2007, 09:05 PM
Ok.... but how do you explain this? This looks like it has been mounted prior to it shipped????
If they don't send warranty card how will I utilize the warranty if I need to?

I am very concerned that this pump was used prior to me recieving it and would like another sent to replace it and I will send this one back to you.

Here is pic's.. both sides.. Looks used to mehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/spongebobby/100_0431.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/spongebobby/100_0433.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/spongebobby/100_0432.jpg

RokleM
07/25/2007, 09:09 PM
Not that Jeremy needs any backup, but I can confirm what he's said as I've seen it myself at my LFS. I saw the packing material for these pumps which are rapidly gaining popularity and though WHAT on earth are they thinking??? The containers look like they hit up the local HomeDepot/Lowes for the thinnest foam they have and whipped something together.

Beat me to the post, but I can't comment on the base.

spongebobby
07/25/2007, 09:19 PM
This pump has clearly been attached to something. I'm not trying to flame PA...I enjoy there service and have always had good experiences ordering from them I just want what I've paid for and feel I didn't recieve a pump that appears new(in my eyes).

Thanks for the quick response Jeremy. I'm sure we can work this out tommorow.

Jeremy B.
07/26/2007, 08:04 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10415254#post10415254 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spongebobby
This pump has clearly been attached to something. I'm not trying to flame PA...I enjoy there service and have always had good experiences ordering from them I just want what I've paid for and feel I didn't recieve a pump that appears new(in my eyes).

Thanks for the quick response Jeremy. I'm sure we can work this out tommorow.

Hi Robert,

That pump definitely looks like it has been mounted before. I am shipping out a new one today at no charge. Just go ahead and hang on to the first one that looks used and you can just use that as a backup pump if you ever need it.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,
Jeremy

spongebobby
07/26/2007, 09:18 AM
Thank you Jeremy. I really appreciate the fast replacement and letting me keep the first one is beyond the standards of online vendors.

You have just earned a customer for life. Again I thank you and look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Robert

Anemone
07/26/2007, 10:05 AM
The above is why I continue to do most of my shopping at PA... and I do it via the web, so they don't know I've been there (other than clicking through to the site via RC :D ).

I've never had a problem, but like PA's customer service if ever I need it.

Kevin

cwegescheide
07/26/2007, 11:38 AM
Oh yeah Jeremy... I forgot to mention I found a hair in my containers of carbon. I'll just hang on to these ;)

J/K buddy...

szwab
07/26/2007, 07:08 PM
couldn't agree more about the service at PA and Jeremy. It is outstanding.

not to mention I can order w/o tax and get orders delivered ground in a day :lol:

Jay4Robin
08/01/2007, 07:53 PM
All of my equiptment is purchased from them. Fair prices and amazing customer service. Not many companys in this hobby offer this!

kenettson1
08/02/2007, 08:41 PM
Holy Cow! Buy one get one used free for backup. That's a deal.. and great service!

They are my LFS so I get to deal with them everytime I need something. They are very accomodating to my schedule when I can't make it during regular walk in hours and have given me great priducts at great prices with great service.

I'm stopping by tomorrow to pick up some stuff and hopefully they'll have a new BK up and running.