PDA

View Full Version : How are you supporting a mini PC behind your NC28 as a refugium mod?

dynaschm0e
07/25/2007, 09:02 PM
Hello All,

We are making a refugium mod in the center compartment of the overflow in our NC28 with a 9x5” Coralife mini PC.

I was wondering how others are supporting their refugium mod lights behind their NanoCubes?

There are not any holes in the light housing to hang the light with plastic plant hooks or something similar. I guess we are going to have to build a stand of some sort. We were wondering if any of you reefcentral gurus had any crafty ideas you had tried and could share? Pictures would be great if possible.

Thank you. -Trey

!wrass!
07/25/2007, 09:52 PM
I saw one a while back. The light was mounted in a plastic conduit junction box. Looked sweet. Of course I do not have the thread, sorry.

Eklikewhoa
07/26/2007, 06:42 AM
I have a 13w PC that I stripped out of a shop light on the back of my NC12g which is mounted inside a conduit box and it's held up with velcro that I got from HomeDepot.

zimmy1979
07/26/2007, 02:08 PM
I purchased the 3.1 LED system from nanotuners. It is working well and the light output is impressive. It has velcro and is housed in a small enclosure. All I did was stick it on the back of my NC28.

Paul

dynaschm0e
07/29/2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks everybody for your responses. Huh, I had not thought of velcro. I'm sure there is velcro strong enough to support the weight of a Coralife 9x5" mini PC, but I wonder if the sticky tape stuff used to hold the velcro to the item it is attached to could stand the heat? The light does kick some heat.

Thanks again. -Trey