PDA

View Full Version : New 120 Display Build *(185Gal System)

nauticac4
07/26/2007, 09:55 AM
Here is the drawing for the 120 I will be constructing this weekend. I have finished the stand and painted it last night. All of the dry goods are here except for the Metal halides.

Setup:
120 Gallon (4'x2'x2') Acrylic Aquarium
29 Sump
15T Fuge
20L Grow out/QT tank

150 lbs various Live Rock
80 Lbs Live sand in the tank
DSB in Fuge

Octopus NW200 Skimmer
Sequence Reeflo Dart w/ Oceans Motions 4 way
Loc line fittings for closed loop
Eheim 1262 Return Pump
2 x 250W Metal Halides havent decided on bulbs
2-4 65W PC for atinic and supplemental
2 sets of LED moon lighting

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x200/nauticac4/U--48x24layoutModel1.jpg

Looking for any comments and suggestions. I have a 20L nano that will be migrating into this tank when it has cycled.

Livestock
2 false percs
1 Lawnmower blenny
1 Cleaner Shrimp
various scarlet hermits and snails
Crocea Clam

Bubble Coral
Frogspawn
Green Star Polyps
2 Acros (names??)
Candy Cane
Leather
Zoos and some stuff I forgot

Questions?

What other fish would you all suggest?

I plan on keeping a mixed reef eventually SPS dominated

MJAnderson
07/26/2007, 11:14 AM
A bit confused. Is the water from your return pump going into your fuge?

Personally, I don't like the frag tank/QT combo. If you're growing out frags, you don't want the chance to infect them with QT. Plus if you have to dose interceptor or go hyposalinity you'll have to move all the frags out. Frag tank attached to the main system makes sense but I'd make my QT completely seperate. Remember to treat for ich you'll have the QT offline for 2 months at a time. What will you do with your frags then?

nauticac4
07/26/2007, 11:59 AM
I have some other tanks. It will be a QT while I add stock. Then I will clean it and open the valves to make it part of the main system. It will not be flipped back and forth between the 2. Sorry for the confusion. I will have another seperate tank for qt if i decide to add anything down the road.

nauticac4
07/26/2007, 12:00 PM
O and yes that is how I am planing on feeding the fuge, I may use one of the returns to feed the fuge and use a valve to slow the flow.