PDA

View Full Version : live rock 3.50 per pound

tomndeb
07/26/2007, 03:37 PM
RICHARD COME ON ,,, WHY ARE YOU CHARGING 5.00 BUCKS WHEN KEN AT SEA LIFE INC. IS CHARGING 3.50 a pound for the same rock.YOUR ROCK SITES ARE ON THE SAME REEF>> HE CHARGES 60 cents for blue legs and you guys charge 1.50. YOU SHOULD GET COMPETITIVE> STOP CHARGING SO MUCH THINK ABOUT IT

HowardW
07/26/2007, 04:22 PM
<<< WHY ARE YOU CHARGING 5.00 BUCKS WHEN KEN AT SEA LIFE INC. IS CHARGING 3.50 a pound for the same rock.YOUR ROCK SITES ARE ON THE SAME REEF >>>

Before you type out these inane posts (in all caps) you really should get a clue...

1) The rock is NOT the same

2) Their sites are NOT on the same 'reef', they are not really naturally occuring wild reefs at all but rather specific areas leased by the state of Florida for aquaculture.

3) The TBS rock from the Gulf of Mexico is the rock that has all the desirable tube coral clusters and other various corals that are typically not found on rock collected down in the keys which is where the other vendor you mention harvests his rock.

4) Any vendor is free to charge whatever he sees fit, and the quality and diversity of TBS rock is some of the best I've ever seen of any vendor with an aquaculture site. Obviously many other people don't have an issue with TBS prices as he literally can't collect it fast enough most of the time.

tomndeb
07/26/2007, 06:13 PM
YEA YEA .... I KNOW I LIVE THERE , FL. KEYS . RICHARDS MAIN SITE OFF TAMPA GOT KILLED BY RED TIDE AND HAS NOT COME BACK YET> DONT YOU READ HIS POSTS< HE IS OFF TO THE KEYS FOR DIVING HE HAS A SMALL LEASED SPOT THERE TOO > THE ROCK IS THE SAME< IT COMES FROM FL. ROCK AND SAND CO. IN HOMESTEAD>> SAME ROCK,, SAME REEF .SO THE SITES ARE THE SAME AND THE SOURSE ROCK IS THE SAME> SO YOU SEE I IS MORE INFORMED THAN YOU IS

scowiii
07/26/2007, 07:41 PM
Dude. Take off the caps button. It's called free enterprise. He charges what he thinks is fair. And since he is a one man operation I believe his prices are more than fair than any live fish store charging 8-12 dollars a pound for live rock. So if you think he is charging to much why don't you call him or email him directly instead of bashing his prices in an open forum. And especially since you know he is off running his business and you are posting this for who to see?

HowardW
07/26/2007, 08:51 PM
<<< SAME REEF .SO THE SITES ARE THE SAME AND THE SOURSE ROCK IS THE SAME> SO YOU SEE I IS MORE INFORMED THAN YOU IS >>>

Yes, I can clearly tell just how " informed " you are by your spelling and grammar skills alone :lmao:

In any case, you are 100% clueless and your posts here are in very poor form.

ybenormal
07/26/2007, 11:57 PM
JMHO but this thread proves that some people should not be allowed to touch a keyboard without adult supervision. Other than that statement I'm going to take a high road and refuse to feed the troll. :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work Richard!

tangafish
07/27/2007, 05:59 PM
okay tomndeb i was just wondering, i noticed you have a 180 EMPTY tank the fact that you are even in this forum tells me one of couple things
1) you work for or have a connection to sea life inc and trying to get some free advertising? humm noticed your from Florida
2) you obviously are interested in tbs or you wouldn't be in this forum to start with
3) you want the best but think you cant afford it
If you have read all of the numerous post from MANY satisfied customers including myself you would see "you get what you pay for" tbs is not just rock, it is the whole Package. not only will you get incomparable service and products from Richard but you will get what we all want...a little piece of heaven right in our home..his rock and all the goodies that he includes AT NO EXTRA CHARGE, just confirm his commitment to customer satisfaction. Not only in what is expected but Richard goes above and beyond what anyone of us ever imagined..So my recommendation to you tomndeb would be this- if you can get that rock for 3.50 a pound and you are just as satisfied with it then I would recommend you visit their forum or just fill that empty tank with it :uzi:
in the meantime if you have an opinion you would like to share with richard, I think it would be best if you would show a little courtesy and respect and send it to him directly as I am sure you would be more than willing to respond..

voodude
07/29/2007, 04:39 PM
tangafish .. couldn't agree more .. especially #3 ... you see many posts in othre forums about complete sell offs or selling stuff cause they need money for Vakay or whatever ... too bad they have to throw the blame on what their perception of "not-affordable" means. I even drive 45min (22 miles) to the "local" LFS cause he is good and I now have a relationship ... it's worth the extra few $$s ... (and how come only 34 posts in 2 years as a member:confused: :hmm4: ) .. Just sent another order to Richard as I'm doing a 30G FOWLER ... never even shopped around as I know what quality I am getting and the help will be there if I need it. :dance: