PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions

fisher1234
07/27/2007, 08:25 PM
Hello everyone. So this last monday i finally started my 72 bow front tank. I hav about 65 lbs of argonite Caribsea sand. And 64 lbs of live rock about half is fiji and half is tonga branch/lace. The tank is runnin fine. I plan on gettin about 30 more pounds of fiji.My ?'s r.

1. Wat do u think of tonga branch?
2. I havent seen anything alive come out my rocks?? But the fiji has tons of coraline growth on it. Shouldnt there be critters on the rock???
3. Should i probabally get a cup of live sand from an established tank cuz i think the caribsea isnt live.
4. Should i probly get a peice of live rock thts not in a big tank sittin with the other rock to make sure tht its rele live so i can seed tht other rock??

Im gon to try and posts picks in the next day or so im just confused on how to. Thanx for the help.

DrBCool
07/27/2007, 09:08 PM
If you have just set the tank up be patient :-)
Live rock just means it has micro organisms in the rock to filter your water like a carbon filter on a fresh water tank ..
I bet you have lots of little critters in the rock you just haven't noticed them ..
It took mine awhile before the pods and stuff started to apear in my tank . Bristle worms will start showing up coming out of holes and what not ..
I use Tonga alot for starting frags on . It breaks easy and I think makes a great frag starter .. Just my opinion though .. IN this hobby you will find thousands of opinions :-)