PDA

View Full Version : rotifer help

gopens
07/27/2007, 10:31 PM
i need to start thinking about rotifers now that my maroons have started to lay eggs. Is there an easier way of raising rotifers. Joyce Wilkersons "Clownfishes" book shows a long and drawn out way of doing this. I have noticed that some people use a past to feed there rotifers instead of this huge multi-bottled set up for green water and brine shrimp. whats the easist way of doing this. i do relize that this is going to be a challenge and in no way am I thinking this is going to be easy. but i would like to find easier ways to do things if such things exist. thanks for the help

gopens
07/27/2007, 10:31 PM
also, where can i order rotifers to start. thanks

xxpipedreamxx
07/28/2007, 08:58 AM
Everyone pointed me in the direction of reed mariculture. I also went through archived files of reefkeeping magazine online that was extremely informative and had several links to a lot of nice suppliers. If I ever find the link again, I will pass it on. I print out the articles and keep them in a three ring binder so I never have to look it up again :) lol.

Dawman
07/28/2007, 09:47 AM
Florida Aqua Farms sell everything you will need .

raleej337
07/28/2007, 10:59 AM
reed-mariculture.com

Heterodonut
07/28/2007, 01:33 PM
I'd highly suggest Reed mariculture. Thier Nanno paste is excellent, and eliminates the need to culture live algae. It can be frozen, and lasts a long time.