PDA

View Full Version : Zoo tank corals

Piazzon12
07/29/2007, 07:59 AM
Thought I'd start a new thread to try and track who is planning to donate what corals... and when we think the tank will be ready for them. I have several things that I can frag, but won't bother if someone already has frags ready since they are mostly the area's staples which I believe started from Jerry (green striped shrooms, green hairy, GSP, mixed zoos, etc...)
I do have pink palys, neon green zoos, purple shrooms, red/orange shrooms, metallic green shrooms, mixed clove polyps and I'm also planning to frag my long polyp sarco soon... Once the zoos from Dr Mac fill in I'll have a variety of other colorful zoos as well.
Adam

jacksonpt
07/29/2007, 08:07 AM
I've got a nice toadstool, a green hairy mushroom, 2 colonies of GSP and some mixed zoos (from Jerry) ready to go.

I had to make room for some new corals yesterday, so my "frags" are ready to go. Anything not wanted for the zoo tank is up for grabs as I need them gone.

drbronx
07/29/2007, 12:28 PM
I have already placed some small colonies of zenias, and kenya trees and one rock with watermelon mushrooms to "test the water" so to speak. So far all look ok. Certainly, the tank can accept whatever folks have to offer to give it some life for the opening. We can always replace corals down the road. Nate and I were discussing the idea of down the road, selling corals from the tank to help defray costs of maintenance.
As the tank matures, I will donating mostly sps, some lps and softies.

fish1219
07/29/2007, 02:20 PM
I have a frogspawn I can donate. Just need to know when the tank is ready for it.

drbronx
07/30/2007, 06:56 AM
Excellent Paul. Should be ready as soon as we stabilize temp. Perhaps tonight I can test parameters.