PDA

View Full Version : best water levels for zoanthids???

dorkfish3
07/30/2007, 01:29 PM
I have been in the hobby quite some time now and always have been into collecting zoanthids of all colors. I realize there are many different species of them but Id guess they all rely on the same thing to grow, although some grow faster than others. anyway I have had my old frag tank converted to a reef (in my signature, and pics in my gallery if needed). and I am mainly keeping softies such as riccordia, finger leathers and mostly zoas some lps, and a clam. well my levels pretty much stabilize around these numers-
PH-8.1 KH-6 calcium-470 SG- 1.025 nitrates-0. MG-1300.

I am in no rush and my goal is to have a healthy reef with levels set where I can grow zoanthids as fast as possible. I have been told they grow faster in dirty water, that they like higher alkalinity etc...

I really dont add anything in my tank due to the fact that it is so small and I am not keeping sps. I added calcium at first but my tank consumes very little. I do a water change once a month and run my remora skimmer 24/7. my levels have stayed exactly where they are at right now from when I started the tank 3 months ago until now (even though I started it with live rock and water from a previous tank)

so does anyone have any tips on keping large varieties of zoanthids as far as placement, flow, light, water levels? what do they like? any help and opinions are appreciated

rbtwo4
07/30/2007, 02:46 PM
ur better off posting this question in the Zoa room.

dorkfish3
07/31/2007, 12:28 PM
will do