PDA

View Full Version : Traping

bpoore89
07/31/2007, 07:51 AM
Hey guys and girls. Its Finally time to remove my two damsels from my 55. I almost had him this morning. After coming to the surface to feed I just missed one of them with the net. I know the easiest way to get them out is to remove the rock but personally I want to try to avoid that. Has anyone ever used any traps? Any experience?

papagimp
07/31/2007, 08:07 AM
Yeah, sat in a room with my hand on the string for the trap's door...2 weeks later I removed all the rock and netted out my damsel. fwiw, I did manage to catch every other fish in my 55g (at one point, all at the same time, lol) but the damsel would never go in the trap....I think he knew what it was and didn't feel like going anywhere.

WaterKeeper
07/31/2007, 08:12 AM
You can get a helper and use two nets at feeding time. You still need to be quick but the two nets help herd the fish.

carlosngloria
07/31/2007, 08:19 AM
You can get all your other fish out and put in the QT and buy a grouper and hell take care of them for you. Then take the grouper back. Lol.

But yeah that 2 net thing should work. Try and use one as big as possible, use the smaller net to heard it into the big one.

bpoore89
07/31/2007, 08:25 AM
Ha ha ha I like the grouper idea. Maybe I should accidentally drop the toaster in the tank. Oops....

carlosngloria
07/31/2007, 08:28 AM
I dont think the toaster would do to much damage. I saw this one episode of Myth Busters on discovery channel and they tested the electrical appliances falling into a bath tube. I dont think the toaster did any shock strong enough to affect a person. But then again these are fish and it might affect them. LOL..... If you wanted to do something like that add some soap. It increases the effect. Lmao... That trap thing never works on the fish you want to catch.
Your best bet is the net idea and if that doesnt work youll have to take the rocks out. When I got my son a damsel for his tank the lady in the pet store still had trouble catching him with out anything in the tank.

reelsteel
07/31/2007, 08:30 AM
I just left my damsel and 2 green chromis in my tank and they are still alive and leave everyone alone. They are now almost 4 years old(that's how long I've had them).

WaterKeeper
07/31/2007, 08:35 AM
The chromis usually are not that aggressive. A single damsel usually is so you were in the lucky few.