PDA

View Full Version : Sailfin sailed away.....

cdangel0
07/31/2007, 11:42 AM
Just went home for lunch to find my beautiful sailfin tang stuck to the intake of a powerhead. :eek2:

He was still kicking so I peeled him off with hopes he could come back - was pretty beat up though - floated to the bottom and just laid there.

Went down to check on him a few minutes later and found him in the arms of my Condi Anemone - tried pulling him out, but he was so beat up he just floated right back :mad:

'Tis a sad day - was one of my favorites :sad1:

4n4sd4
07/31/2007, 12:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Craig... I actually just lost my Powder Blue Tang... tis a sad week for tangs!

RBU1
07/31/2007, 07:15 PM
I don't mean to belittle your post in any way so I apologize for this question.

If a fish get's stuck in a powerhead would it not be safe to assume that either
1.) your powerhead is WAY to strong.
2.) The fish was sick to begin with and was to weak to pull itself away.

Not sure but I have really never heard of a fish getting suck in by a powerhead.

cdangel0
07/31/2007, 08:44 PM
I'm not discounting that for some reason it may have been too weak to swim away. It's been in the tank with the power head for a while now with no issues.

I was not blaming the power head - just stating my suprise when I got home. Post was just more of "What a crappy day" then anything else.

Gordonious
07/31/2007, 09:27 PM
Sorry to hear. That sucks. I lost my second pom pom crab today and a cb shrimp. :-(

Jon

Jocephus
08/02/2007, 03:54 PM
Had a porcupine puffer that got stuck in a PH. Other than that he was in perfect health. I walked into the room, saw him all blown up, and stuck. After I pried him off, he was fine. Too bad you didn't catch it earlier. I don't think it means anything about your powerheads, or tank condition. Sorry for your fish loss.

Joe