PDA

View Full Version : :(

emonemo420
07/31/2007, 02:21 PM
Well just came home to find one of my new hermits shreaded to bits by my wrasse...i got 6 of em and havent seen ne of em except for one last night and today i see alot of just shells laying around so pretty much the 30 bucks i just spent is gone because if this dang wrasse... ne way i think i wanna get a mated pair of percs down at dr.macs when we go so i think i need to get rid of the clarki too....so does ne one want a yellow-tail wrasse and a clarkii clownfish...the wrasse is still a baby and is orange and has white spots with black around them..he is about 3ish inches long and the clarkii is about 2ish inches long maybe a little more.... let me know....also do serpant stars eat hermits at all...its possible mywrasse ate them all but i didnt know if serpants might as well.....ne way thanks for ur time

a1amap
07/31/2007, 02:48 PM
1st $30 is way too expensive for 6 hermits.
2nd wrasses do eat anything but if the snails were not drip acclemated they may have died on there own and the wrasse was just getting a free lunch. And 3 inches is about medium size for a wrasse..
3rd serpent stars will eat anything thats available. They are scavangers. I feed mine a silverside every couple of days or when he is actively hunting. I dont want to loose any fish or shrimp.
4th the clarki will need to go if you plan on interducing percs. You have too small of a tank for multiple clown species.

emonemo420
07/31/2007, 02:56 PM
1st $30 is way too expensive for 6 hermits.
I got six hermits 4 snails and the serpant star...i even got a 15% military discount but i got it from dr.macs

2nd wrasses do eat anything but if the snails were not drip acclemated they may have died on there own and the wrasse was just getting a free lunch. And 3 inches is about medium size for a wrasse..
I have seen two snails up and about...they were drip acclimated all of them were, the snails, hermits, and star

3rd serpent stars will eat anything thats available. They are scavangers. I feed mine a silverside every couple of days or when he is actively hunting. I dont want to loose any fish or shrimp.
I havent even seen the serpant star...what is a silverside?

4th the clarki will need to go if you plan on interducing percs. You have too small of a tank for multiple clown species.
I know thats what i want to get rid of him. I really want the mated pair it would be cool to have two. I really want a nemo. The clarkii is cool but not what i want.

a1amap
07/31/2007, 06:17 PM
Ok,getting six hermits 4 snails and the serpant star for $30 makes more sence. Ocasionally one will die. Also crabs have been known to hijack the snails shell for a new home.

A silverside is a small fish that is usually kept frozen till feeding time. Everything in the tank from the crabs to the star will eat them. I mash them up and my pair of percs tear them up, the rest of my fish eat the pieces they break off.

I also did the Nemo theme(With a pair of percs) because my wife and nephews love them.

When we go to Dr Macs I hope to get a flame angel to add to my 75 gallon.

emonemo420
07/31/2007, 06:41 PM
im thinking about getting a pair and yellow tang....i still dont know if i wanna put a yellow tang in my tank since its only a 55 but i knwo alot of people have em in theres and are fine so idk...but i figure qt em and add em at differnt intervals so i dont overdo my tank ...i got to get rid of these two guys first...so who knows we shall see...maybe just the tang and then when i get rid of the other guys get the pair

Gordonious
07/31/2007, 09:49 PM
Hey, I have a FO(Fish only) system I might be able to throw the wrasse in if you really need to get rid of him. I don't have any $ to offer you for him, but I could give you some mushroom frags in a month or so when your tank is ready for them and I am sure that I have some with out hair algae attached.

I highly doubt the star fish would kill and eat any snail or hermit. There may be a type of star fish in the wild that would do it when it was desperate, but none you would commonly find in the store. I've kept many different types for many years with out trouble. Just had one incident where I first got my tank where a star fish ate a cleaner shrimp. Just stay away from a green brittle star, they will go after fish at times.

emonemo420
07/31/2007, 09:53 PM
hey thats fine for the wrasse...um i could give him to u when we go to dr.macs?...i guess he will b fine til then...if he eats all my hermits im just gonna have to get more but he needs to go before i start getting my tank really stocked ...besides i dont like what he turns into...thanks ....still got a clarkii to lose too if ne one else wants him

DamnPepShrimp
08/01/2007, 12:22 PM
How big is the clarkii? Does he have a host anemone? I have a BTA with a maroon clown, but he doesn't want anything to do with the anemone. He is also a little too small for me. I am going aggressive, adding a lion, sohal, and passer, so I need a bigger more aggressive clown.

emonemo420
08/01/2007, 12:38 PM
no host anemone hes probably about 3inches or so not very aggrssive that i have noticed but hes only with the same fish he has been with for months when i moved him to my tank so idk

DamnPepShrimp
08/01/2007, 03:18 PM
Well if you need him to go to a new good home, let me know, I could take him. 3" is pretty big compared to my clown, he is pushing an 1" haha. I know you wanted a "nemo" clown, but if your interested in my clown, it might better fit your tank. If not I can move him to my sump and then to a reef tank when I get it set back up, the new lion or grouper I am getting would probably eat him anyway.