PDA

View Full Version : How do You clean your Micron Bag

rogergolf66
08/01/2007, 10:36 AM
How do you clean your Micron filter bag?

Also How long do you use one bag befor you throw it away and use a new bag?

I will start I was just currious I have head of a couple ways. I clean mine with a high pressure hose outside. I turn the bag inside out and spray it down till all the brown is gone.

I have used mine for about a year now.

Roger

Wryknow
08/01/2007, 10:45 AM
I just turn them inside out and throw them in the washing machine with a 1/2 cup of bleach. I run two rinse cycles. When they're done they go back in the tank.

chris4869
08/01/2007, 04:05 PM
I also flip mine inside out and hose it down, until it's somewhat white, with a garden hose. I flip it back and repeat. I let it dry while I use the spare to put back into the tank.

I think I'll get a dozen more socks, and I'll throw the dirty ones in a container until I'm down to the last couple ones. I'll wash the full load with bleach like Wryknow. =)

Fishie Nut
08/01/2007, 10:30 PM
If you're willing to spend about $2.25 a week, you buy them from this website, minimun 50, for that price and just throw them away when they get dirty.

filterbag.com

Bebo77
08/01/2007, 10:36 PM
i have about 10 or so of them.. and i was them just like Wryknow

Percula9
08/02/2007, 12:03 AM
The best way to clean them is after you hose them down put them in a bucket of water and bleach for a day or two. Then neutralize with Amquel and fresh water. Just keep swapping out with a sock thats been cleaned the same way. This is what I do.

flyyyguy
08/02/2007, 12:57 AM
When i used to use them....i used the large 8 x 16 100 m bags and i woudl install a plastic zipper in them(or my wife would...lol). Then i simply open them up and lay them flat on the concrete and spray them out good as new in 30 seconds with no wrestling required