PDA

View Full Version : fish in trouble

backyardspecial
08/02/2007, 07:59 PM
Probably not going to get an answer for this but here goes. I have a blonde naso that suddenly stopped eating. Now within 2 days he has pinched stomach. He just sits in one spot all day long with almost no movement. I already know it's on its way out. Any clues to getting him to eat again.

Bebo77
08/02/2007, 08:05 PM
hav eyou tried feeding fatty foods? how long have you had him?

backyardspecial
08/02/2007, 08:58 PM
Had him for 8 months or so. All he eats is brown nori and formula 2. I usually soak the food in selcon, vitachem, and garlic extreme. Damn this sucks.

kevin2000
08/02/2007, 10:57 PM
Not much to go on ... if its an internal bacterial problem then Qt combined with antibiotics may help .. getting the fish to consume the antibitic is often problematic and you might try Seachems focus .. check our their website.

backyardspecial
08/03/2007, 07:37 PM
I have some more info now. Well the naso has pinched stomach now and I saw white poop that looked like toilet paper. I'm going to put him into QT tomorrow. Does it sound like internal parasites? Which meds do I need to buy?

backyardspecial
08/04/2007, 06:54 PM
I poster this in the general forum and got no response. This is all the info I have for right now. Anyone know whats up?

I have a naso that's been perfect for about 8 months or so. 3 days ago he ate half of his nori sheet and stopped eating. At first I couldn't understand what was going on but now I think the naso has internal parasites. He's stomach has slowly become pinched and it poops white poop which looks solid at first but turns stringy when it break up in the water column.

Have some additional info that might help also. About 3 months or so ago the naso started having poop that wasn't solid. To my best description it looks like diarrhea for fish. I didn't think anything of it at the time but I guess it was the first signs.

kevin2000
08/05/2007, 09:06 AM
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/internalinfections.html

backyardspecial
08/05/2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks you for the info. Well I have an update today. After about 4 days of not eating and a bad pinched stomach, he actually ate one medium sized pellet of formula 2 and a bite of nori. His pinched stomach doesn't seem pronounced as before either.

Kevin2000 - Can I just choose one of the three bacterial infection medications or do I need to treat with all of the listed meds? Where can I purchase piperazine to treat nematode infections? I found medication for intestinal protozoan infections.