PDA

View Full Version : 6025 C clips

pufferchris
08/04/2007, 08:10 AM
Roger,
I have 2 6025's that have broken C clips ( the part that holds the ball). Are these parts availible for purchase?
I have also noticed there seems to be alot of failures of this clip. is it that the plastic doesnt hold up well long term in a saltwater enviroment? any info would be helpful

thanks
chris

sbeason
08/04/2007, 08:52 AM
I myself, first had the four clips that mount to the magnet base break. I simply superglued it Then yesterday my c clamp broke as well. They do sell replacement clamps on the tunze website for around $7 plus shipping.

Mine was only 5 months old, so I will see the response before I purchase one. -Steve

Aquadepot
08/04/2007, 09:15 AM
pufferchris,

This a warranty issue and can be replaced please PM roger with your details for replacements. Tunze are working on an improvement but it is a few months off.

The failure rate has been few, Roger mentioned 5% in the USA we have a had less in Australia.

Best Regards
Graeme

Pseudo69
08/04/2007, 09:27 AM
I just bought a new one not knowing that this could be replaced under warranty. What do I do? Is anybody else also having problems with the cover not staying on? Mine just falls right off no matter what I do.

Thanks

Aquadepot
08/04/2007, 09:39 AM
Pseudo69,

The warranty I was referring to is the C clamp that holds the pump on the magnet.
The cover should fit if aligned correctly some people on this forum have mentioned a slight mod to the housing if you are not happy with the fit or you can return the pump to Tunze USA for warranty repair or replacement.

Best regards
Graeme

Pseudo69
08/04/2007, 09:56 AM
Graeme,

I was talking about the "C" clip that holds the housing/pump. I am having 2 seperate problems (one that was corrected by me purchasing a new "C" clamp from Roger) which I didn't know could be replaced under warranty and the housing/cover, that doesn't stay on also.

Thanks

Aquadepot
08/04/2007, 10:03 AM
Pseudo69,

Please PM Roger regards both these issues.

Best Regards
Graeme

Pseudo69
08/04/2007, 10:14 AM
Done and thanks for the help. Wow 2 Tunze doods on one forum.

Nice