PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

Tremolo
08/05/2007, 09:53 PM
I am having problems taking FTS. I have a cannon 300D digital rebel. i cant figure out how to get the center of the tank to darken up and how to lighten up the sides of the picture.

I am not sure if it is a WB issue, other camera setting, or if i just have to adjust the image.

Here is a shot i just took if anyone has any suggestions.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/tremolo_2006/FTS_8_05_07.jpg

Thanks

Vince

KurtsReef
08/06/2007, 05:34 AM
White balance has nothing too do with darkness or lightness in exposure, that is purely the amount of light.

If your talking about the 29g listed in your equipment sig, it states there is (1) 150w Sunpod light. Does this light your aquarium evenly or is it strong in the center and tapper off toward the ends?

It sounds as though that is whats happening, your light is 1 or 2 stops brighter in the center of the tank than it is on the outsides. Post some examples and it would be easier too diagnose...if you did but they are hosted with Photobucket I cannot see them from work.

jwedehase
08/06/2007, 07:30 AM
I"d have to agree it's your lighting, not your camera. Your eye can pick up a lot more dynamic range (more bright and dim at the same time) than any camera. So while your eye sees everything relatively even, the camera simply can't.

Tremolo
08/06/2007, 11:03 AM
yeah its brighter in the center. I will post a few pics in my gallery just give me a few min to resize them all.

Tremolo
08/06/2007, 11:13 AM
I just realized that i dont have any other pics with this camera and that light on the tank. I have been taking them with my girl friends camera. I will try and take a few more pics in about an hour when the light turns back on.

Basicaly i try to wait till later in the day when the sun goes down so i dont have any reflections from the window on the tank. I also take the pics with the lights in the room turned off and only the tank light on. Is this part of the problems because there is no back ground light so it is more noticeable?

KurtsReef
08/06/2007, 11:54 AM
yes the difference would/should be more noticable if your taking shots in complete darkness except for the MH bulb.