PDA

View Full Version : Fish Compatibility

Demonic
08/06/2007, 07:35 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to keep seahorses with this stock......

1 porc puffer
1 regal tang
1 clown trigger
1 maroon clown
1 perc clown
1 snowflake eel

I know some people are going to disagree with me keeping these fish together but everyone gets along great. It seems that it is an aggressive tank but its more of a community tank. Everyone is nice to each other, compliments to the timing for which each one was added to the tank.

Thanks

puffer21
08/06/2007, 07:41 PM
Wait are all of these together. Seahorses need a species only tank the other fish will compete for food, and be agressive twords the seahorses. Also all those fish get huge, and the porcupine gets like at least 16" feet.

ann83
08/06/2007, 07:53 PM
More compliments to the size of the specimens at this point. They all have to be really really young to fit in that 55 together. Wait a few months before you say everyone will get along. Absolutely no on the seahorses. They will either starve to death, be stressed into disease (which they could pass on to the rest of the tank), or be killed.

kkyyllee
08/06/2007, 08:00 PM
NO WAY, ifeel bad for the fish already in there, most of em have already outgrown ur tank, and are very incompatable

Demonic
08/06/2007, 08:34 PM
I figured on the seahorses. And as for the rest of the comments on compatibilty issues, as I figured everyone would have their input on this.. There isnt one fish in that tank over 2 inches. Well maybe the puffer is 3 right now. I did my homework on what I could have...My tank and equipment is handling the bioload really well and everyone is happy and getting along. The clown trigger and the regal play together and the maroon and perc sleep together like there not different clowns at all. I dont really care what people say about what I have in the tank...If you dont like it turn your head. If I even thought the fish were being picked on I would transfer them to another tank....

Demonic
08/06/2007, 08:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10495504#post10495504 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kkyyllee
NO WAY, ifeel bad for the fish already in there, most of em have already outgrown ur tank, and are very incompatable

Im not sure how you can say that they have already outgrown the tank when you dont even know the size of the fish.......Make sure you know all the facts before you make an input

kkyyllee
08/06/2007, 09:04 PM
well the tang has outgrown it all ready, i went alittle overboard with the others

Demonic
08/06/2007, 09:14 PM
The tang has not outgrown the tank, he is about 1.5 inches long so he will be fine for about another year.

Agu
08/06/2007, 09:15 PM
I dont really care what people say about what I have in the tank...

So why are you asking for input :confused: ?

Demonic
08/06/2007, 09:32 PM
I was asking about the compatiblity of putting a seahorse in the tank....not what I already have... I dont want to kill the seahorses.

Mavrk
08/06/2007, 10:44 PM
I believe seahorses need a species only tank (meaning they are the only fish in the tank). There is a forum here dedicated to them. You could post there and ask as well.

yoboyjdizz
08/06/2007, 10:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10495770#post10495770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Demonic
My tank and equipment is handling the bioload really well and everyone is happy and getting along. The clown trigger and the regal play together

Its really not if your tank can handle it, its the problem with the current mix of fish.. Its not about if but only when the clown trigger will turn on his buddy. Im not saying this cause i've heard it happen i've witness it. Im glad you ask first about the seahorses. Im sure this works out fine for you now but aslong as you have some plan for them later when things go bad then good luck to you! I just wouldn't recomend it. Any pictures?

billsreef
08/07/2007, 05:40 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10495770#post10495770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Demonic
There isnt one fish in that tank over 2 inches.

That is a situation that won't last more than a couple of months. Even at current sizes, your pushing the stocking limits for a 55. In a few months you can expect problems as they grow, particularly with the attitudes of the clown trigger and the maroon clown. It's not a matter of if, but purely of when, and it won't be that long. That is why people are concerned and trying to point out the problems to prevent you from having those troubles.

Demonic
08/07/2007, 07:26 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10496741#post10496741 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yoboyjdizz
Im sure this works out fine for you now but aslong as you have some plan for them later when things go bad then good luck to you! I just wouldn't recomend it. Any pictures?

I do have a plan for them. I have another tank so if they even start nipping I will pull them from the display. I will also be upgrading to a 125 before Christmas..

jazzmanb
08/10/2007, 01:53 AM
i think your fish well be fine for at least a year or so,or until their attitudes change....if the fish are small,youll be fine....as for the seahorses,there very delicate and i deffintaly wouldnt recommend them,good luck,jazzmanb

4fishman
08/10/2007, 05:20 AM
You need to do some more research, then you will know