PDA

View Full Version : Heaters ?

bsmith00
08/08/2007, 08:21 PM
I have never seen a salt tank with a heater but i know that the temp shouldnt move so I got a 150watt heater in my 29gallon tank. My temp is around 78-79, I have not seen it move, but i dont know what it is like when i am at work.
How many people have heaters?

onthecourt4life
08/08/2007, 08:28 PM
almost everyone has a heater but it is just hidden in the sump or in a back chamber.

bsmith00
08/08/2007, 08:48 PM
I have a Bio Cube and it has no place to put one, except on the back..

theatrus
08/08/2007, 09:27 PM
Heaters are common, though unless you live in a cold climate the myriad of equipment in bigger tanks usually means you're not running it often. Heaters are usually in the sump or hidden in the overflow.

szwab
08/09/2007, 12:07 AM
heaters are very common. Usually heat is the enemy but in winter months or nightime mine come on and contribute to keeping my temps stable in the tank. nanos do present a challenge for equipment. Hower more and more equipment is being made for smaller tanks as they grow in popularity. In general the thermostats that come with heaters are notoriously unreliable over time. It is recomended to get undersized multiple heaters rather than a single heater. that way if a malfunction occurs damage can be possibly lessened. again sometimes difficult in a nano due to space.

schoch79
08/09/2007, 12:10 AM
Yep, I would say everybody runs a heater in their tank but as stated above, in some cases it may not ever even turn on. But it is always nice to have as a safeguard.