PDA

View Full Version : Question for you 92 gallon corner tank owners

Husky_1
08/09/2007, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone, I just picked up a 92g aga corner tank to replace my 38g. Because of the dimensions of the stand, my current sump will not work.

I was wondering what you guys are using for a sump? I am thinking that a 25g(24x12x20) with custom baffles/dividers. Also, does anyone run a top off reservoir in addition to their sump? I do need to have room for the Closed loop pump as well.

Also, what seems to be the best retro light combo for our tanks. I was think of running a single MH, with a 36" T5 across the front and 2 24" down each of the sides.

Anything other tips with this tank?

Thanks,
Dale

circlek
08/09/2007, 06:39 PM
I used a 20H for a sump under my 92 corner.

I also have a five gallon plastic fuge and a five gallon plastic top-off tank next to the sump as well. Its a tight fit but managable.

For the lighting I did exactly what you were thinking. I have a single 250W HQI pendant hanging in the center of the canopy. The front of the canopy has two 36" T5HO's, and there is a single 24" T5HO down each side. I probably could have put 2 24" down each side, but money was getting tight. Overall, I'm happy with the lighting.

As far as tips go, I recommend you set up the tank somewhere away from the walls and fill it up to test your plumbing. That way its easy to make changes. Because once it is pushed back in to the corner it is hard to access.

Good luck!

Husky_1
08/10/2007, 07:11 AM
Hey Circle thanks for the tips.
What light setup are you using as far as bulb types/colors? Were all of your t5's actinics, or did you mix them up with actinics, blues and maybe even a daylight to supplement your 10000k-14000k area?

Also, who much water do you get siphoned back into the sump when the power is shutoff. I just want a rough estimate of how high to put my dividers if I go with a customer 20 or 25g sump.

Thanks,
dale

circlek
08/11/2007, 06:20 PM
All of my T5's are Giesemann. The 24" bulbs are Aquablues. One 36" is a MidDay lamp and one is an Actinic Plus. All have TEKII reflectors, which I am very happy with.

The color with only the T5's lit looks a little blue to me, but all I have is base rock right now, which is fairly white, so I think that makes it more noticeable. I'll reserve judgement until there is more livestock.

The HQI is a Ushio 14K, and it is an awesome 'ice' white.

The baffles in the sump are 9" high. If I had to do it over again I'd probably make them 10" high. The sump is has plenty of room for overflow when the pumps shut off.