PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Reactor Media

TheMorayMan
08/10/2007, 05:41 PM
I Usually Use A.R.M Reactor Media, Does anybody have a good idea what is basically the best top grade media. I Would have to figure it would be by Korallin. Any inputs would be appreciated :)

JetCat USA
08/10/2007, 05:45 PM
most any of the German medias are top quality. i do like the Korallin though due to the size, you can really push a reactor hard with it and not mud the media like you can with ARM.

theatrus
08/10/2007, 05:56 PM
Agreed on the Korralin part, though I am using ARM currently as well, I've been looking at changing on the next refill.

TheMorayMan
08/10/2007, 06:34 PM
they recently came out with a coarser grade ARM did. I mite look into that or Korallin.

backyardspecial
08/10/2007, 08:00 PM
Schuran and Gen-X

spankey
08/10/2007, 08:03 PM
Not trying to jack the thread, but how often do you guys change the media? Mine is only dropping about a half inch every two months. The reactor is running fine and calcium and alk are perfect....

Should I leave it alone? Replacing the media that is. Its about 4 months old....

I use Arm by the way too.

JetCat USA
08/10/2007, 08:05 PM
top it off when it reaches about 3/4 of its original volume, and replace it 100% once a year. on heavy demanding systems where you are pushing the reactor to (and sometimes past) its limits you'll notice when the media is getting exhausted by your monthly tank testing, the levels will start to decline even when you bump the reactor up a bit, when that happens it's time to do a 100% change.

spankey
08/11/2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks I figured I would ask as some say to replace it every three months? One of my buddies drives his so hard that it melts away to nothing then he refills it..... I am almost to the 3/4 mark so next month I will top it off again.

Thanks for the info.