PDA

View Full Version : tang mix :)

Paradi
08/11/2007, 09:32 PM
hi friends, today i couldnt resist those tangs, i heard that tangs dont mix, my tank is 100G and i just finished cycling a week ago , i got a convict and a clown tang, iam not sure if its ok to mix both tangs together, so what do you think? i couldnt resist after all this time waiting for the cycle, so i got them lol , and now for the pics :)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/mightysherrio/DSC00220.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m200/mightysherrio/DSC00213.jpg

sufunk
08/11/2007, 09:36 PM
I can also see a clownfish in there. How many fish are in there already?

I think you are going too fast too soon if you just finished cycling last week. Also, that clown tang is going to outgrow that tank pretty quick

Paradi
08/11/2007, 09:40 PM
umm yes i had the clownfish during the cycle ....

so will they fight ?

SDguy
08/11/2007, 09:42 PM
I would do a little research on the fish you just bought. The clown tang will get large and mean...if it lives. They have a poor track record when small. That convict tang, unfortunately, is VERY thin...it might not rally. You should also research things like "index of fitness" talked about on wetwebmedia.com. Basically, it will help you to avoid purchasing very skinny, probably "doomed" specimens. Sorry to be a wet blanket.

sufunk
08/11/2007, 09:42 PM
If not now, probably in the future as they grow. Tangs really need a more mature tank than one that just cycled a week ago.

Hopefully, they will be ok if your water is good and stays that way. The clown really isn't a good choice for that size though.

Paradi
08/11/2007, 09:46 PM
ouch :( i know its my fault, but i really couldnt resist them , i know the convict is not so attractive, but i donno what happened , and yes she looks so skinny, hmmm but will they fight ? i once had a sohal tang in another tank and she was the meanest fish ive ever had, she used to kill any other fish in the tank :(

Paradi
08/11/2007, 09:48 PM
Sufunk thank you, sorry didnt read your last post, was typing mine, ok i think i should take them back ...

Paradi
08/11/2007, 09:49 PM
thank you so much SDguy, love your setup, really charming

SDguy
08/11/2007, 09:50 PM
Clown tangs are pretty much like sohal tangs as they get older.

They'll probably be OK for the time being, if that's what you are asking.

Bebo77
08/11/2007, 09:52 PM
try feeding them fatty foods.. or add selcon or zoacon to their food..

keep up your water parameters.. you are adding a lot of fish quickly so be prepared to do frequent water changes...

Paradi
08/11/2007, 10:00 PM
Bebo77, thanks alot for your reply, you have an incredible tank , I mean it.

I think I'll take them back and get something else, i saw a juvi emperor, and he was eating flakes, what do you thing of a juvi angel for now ? there was a morish idol too, looking good...

SDguy
08/11/2007, 10:09 PM
Both poor choices for a 100g, newly cycled tank :( Sorry. Save the larger, more aggressive fish for last, like some of the dwarf angels, or smaller bristletooth tangs. Meanwhile, start with smaller, more peaceful things...gobies, blennies, grammas, cardinals. Is this a fish only tank? FOWLR? How about some of the hardier butterflies? What is in the tank now, besides the tangs and a clown?

You can search through websites live LiveAquaria.com and WetWebMedia.com to see all sorts of different fish, and what their basic needs are (like minimum tank size).

hth