PDA

View Full Version : Blasto has arrived

Veni vidi vici
08/11/2007, 09:34 PM
I recieved my Blastomussa wellsi today and am very pleased . Even thou the UPS guy tried to cook it.It was suppose to arrive at 12:00 pm but it arrived at somewhere around 9:00am .He just droped it off at front door and left.I would have thought with all the markings on the package he would atleast ring the bell or something. Oh well i walked out the front door and there it was baskeing in the sun lol.Anyway i just got through drip acclimating it and put it in DT its looking good so far(Ill post pic as soon as i find out what my kids did with my camera)ill have to locate them as well.
Oh yeah ...there was a question i had. Ive never had a Blasto before so is there any sighns to look for as far as things going wrong?
TIA

Veni vidi vici
08/11/2007, 09:36 PM
I have another question,the acclimation guide recomends to put the Blasto in one of these two lighting requirements 2-3.
2=intense light required,coral placed in top third of tank.
(250 watt MH recommended)
3=moderate light requirement,coral placed midtank or higher
(multiple VHO +/-175 watt MH recomended)
i have 260 watts of PC now,but i have 2-250 watt MH pendants on the way, should be at LFS any day for pick up . My question would be where should i place it now and then where when i get the MH?Or should i just keep moving it around till Blasto looks happy?
DT is a 75 gal. 21"deep

AndyB4784
08/12/2007, 10:58 AM
In general most blastomusa don't appreciate really intense light. I'd put them lower in the tank in a partially shaded area.

Der_Iron_Chef
08/12/2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah....usually low light, low flow.