PDA

View Full Version : wavebox

loui
08/12/2007, 05:45 AM
I got my wave box a little over 3 years ago, recently the shaft with the propeller broke, I got a new one (which is differnt then the old one, got the right part number from Tunze customer support), and now the propeller sometimes does not move causing the wave maker controller to beep. I have cleaned it out several times I have waited a week or so running it like this for slime to build up around the propeller (thinking it would move better) but it is still getting stuck.

Any other suggestions would be great

Thanks

Aquadepot
08/12/2007, 08:32 AM
Hi loui,

If you havnt already checked the upper bearing could be blocked this is the part the part the maggnet sits on inside the pump well, you can see a clear picture and cleaning of this part in the thread regarding cleaning at the top of this forum.

Regards
Graeme

rvitko
08/13/2007, 10:22 AM
The other cause of this would be if you got a new impeller and did not change out the bearing and bearing bush for the new ones that came with the new drive unit. Older bearings may not be compatible with newer drive units.

loui
08/20/2007, 01:44 AM
yeah I am thinking along the lines with Roger the new impeller with the bearing sits about an inch higher then the unit (used to be flush with the old propeller) how do i get the new bearing? also not to be a jerk but I told tunze customer support I had the old unit I would have assumed the new bearing would be needed also and should have been included. Can i get the part numbers for everything i need please also include the propeller so I can make sure that is the right one also

thanks

rvitko
08/20/2007, 11:04 AM
The bearings came with the drive unit, if it sits so high I think you have two bearings installed, you need to pull out the old one and install the new one only. See the thread on cleaning at the top of this forum as it shows a breakdown of all parts, your manual also shows this. It sounds like you have the old upper bearing installed and the new one is just sitting ontop of that.