PDA

View Full Version : API testing manual

clockwurk
08/12/2007, 09:43 AM
I have the "Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Reef Master Liquid Test Kit"
but I lost the manual.

I was able to get the instructions on various websites but they all were missing the CHARTS for the CALCIUM and CARBONATE HARDNESS tests...

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. I have been meaning to run some tests but i havent been able to for carbonate and calcium, and I think its related to my PH problems as of late.

Thank you all in advance.

Duff Man
08/12/2007, 10:04 AM
I use the API test for calcium. There is no chart. You add one solution, shake. Then add the other, count the drops, and when it turns blue(I think), that is where your level is at. dKH is the same where you add the drops until the water turns yellow(I think). If I remember correctly, the number of drops is the dKH.

clockwurk
08/12/2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks Duff Man! ::shifting hips back and forth::

sabbath
08/12/2007, 11:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10536046#post10536046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Duff Man
I use the API test for calcium. There is no chart. You add one solution, shake. Then add the other, count the drops, and when it turns blue(I think), that is where your level is at. dKH is the same where you add the drops until the water turns yellow(I think). If I remember correctly, the number of drops is the dKH.

Yes, You remembered close. When it goes from blue to yellow. The amount of drops is the dkh.

KurtsReef
08/29/2007, 07:30 AM
Where did you find the instructions? I dropped my manual into water and its useless now and I like to follow the directions as I do each test.

The kit is new, do not need to buy another kit right now :(

Nanz
08/29/2007, 01:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10536046#post10536046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Duff Man

Calcium = Number of Drops * 20

Alk = Number of Drops = dKH

I do this test every night, hehe..