PDA

View Full Version : Are my two a pair?

fishquaria
08/12/2007, 09:57 AM
I have never before had two clowns of the same species in one tank. However, about three weeks ago I added to clarki clowns to my new tank. One of the two is now visibly bigger and is the one who always (not bullying) but is behind the smaller one. Yet they are always together. And the smaller one seems to know the bigger one won't hurt it. Also the smaller one makes these spasmic movements when prompted by the bigger one. Sort of like what happens when some one has a fit. But then it's back to normal and they swim together again. Sometimes they brush against each other whilst swimming. They sleep together too. Do you think they're a pair?

InLimbo87
08/12/2007, 10:01 AM
Sounds like they have paired up to me. The spastic movements that you have mentioned is the male showing submission to the female. Its the beginnings of showing that they are a pair.

Congrats :)

GSMguy
08/12/2007, 10:20 AM
:)
pairing

fishquaria
08/12/2007, 10:46 AM
Oh how thrilling... Not that I'm going to actively engage in breeding clownfish at the moment, but it's nice to know... He he, now i need to look for someone myself...

Lewissa
08/13/2007, 10:28 AM
Sounds great for you !! I actually purchased two allardi clowns already paired...but you wouldn't know it. Before I got the nem they would swim together all the time....one is bigger than the other, I'm sure that's the female. Now, the larger one is in the nem and won't let the smaller one anywhere near it ! Not to sleep or play in it ! What's with that ???

any advise ??

Thanks