PDA

View Full Version : Flatworm Exit

Mirror Pond
08/12/2007, 04:24 PM
Has anyone used Salifert's Flatworm Exit in a tank with anemones? I am currently siphoning as many as I can but will never get all of them. I would like to try the product but am really concerned about its' effect on my H. magnifica and newly acquired S. gigantea. Thanks.

littlefish72
08/12/2007, 11:04 PM
It certianly kills flatworms that's for sure........just be ready to do a large water change after you treat the tank..........it didn't seem to have a negative affect to any corals in tanks i've seen it used on so i would guess you shouldn't have to worry about the nems any more than your other corals

GSMguy
08/13/2007, 08:44 AM
littlefish have you used FW exit on gigantea or Magnifica?

i would be wary of doing so until someone who actually has done this speaks up.

Mirror Pond
08/13/2007, 09:01 AM
I'm definitely going to wait and just continue to siphon for now. I did use it several years ago on a different tank that may have had a bta but I'm not willing to risk it on these just yet. Thanks for both of your responses.

Abominable Reef
08/13/2007, 10:28 PM
Yes, I have used this on a tank with a GBTA, and there were no ill effects, on anything in my reef. I also have sinularia, clavularia, assorted mushrooms, millepora, montipora, hydnophora, xenia, etc.