PDA

View Full Version : 19th annual Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA 19)

Steven Pro
08/13/2007, 10:15 AM
http://www.macna2007.com/Banners/WebBanner2.GIF

We are only about a month away from the largest educational conference and trade show dedicated to the marine aquarium hobby in the US. This year the show is being held in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania from Friday September 14th through Sunday September 16th. It is a great opportunity to see some fabulous speakers, new and interesting products, rare and unusual livestock, and to hang out with fellow fish geeks from all over the world.

Here is the complete speaker list:

Adam Blundell
Eric Borneman
Anthony Calfo
Dr. Bruce Carlson
Dr. Stan Dannemiller
James Fatherree
Lee Goldman
Ron Hessing
Kelly Jedlicki
Dr. Sanjay Joshi
Daniel Knop
Sarah Lardizabal
Dr. Frank Marini
Dr. Catherine McFadden
Mike Paletta
Steven Pro
Dana Riddle
Dr. Ron Shimek
Roy Torres

See the website for more information, http://www.macna2007.com/

Steven Pro
08/21/2007, 02:39 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that the Radisson is full. The overflow hotels are the Holiday Inn (412-372-1022 ext. 656) and the Hampton Inn (412-380-4000). Just tell them you are coming for MACNA.

Steven Pro
09/09/2007, 03:09 PM
It is almost show time!

thecoralbroker
09/10/2007, 01:40 PM
thecoralbroker.com will be there...we are VERY excited!!

worlds under
09/11/2007, 08:25 PM
see you there!!

ziggy222
09/13/2007, 04:09 AM
i'm 20 minutes from it and i'm will be there for sure.

LOVETHISHOBBY
09/13/2007, 01:22 PM
Coming from Fort Wayne, Indiana for my first MACNA. I can't wait!:D

ziggy222
09/14/2007, 04:39 PM
ok macna started today.who has been there and what can i expect tomorrow?i promissed my daughter i'd get her something rare for her tank and i'm for sure getting myself something.

GrowDammit
09/16/2007, 05:23 PM
Steven,
Just wanted to thank you and every single person who worked on making this MACNA a success!!! It was absolutely wonderful!

We had such a good time and have a lot of information to digest!

Keynote Speaker, Dr. Allen, was fabulous!

All of your volunteers were superbly helpful and always had a smile on their faces! Thank you for the wonderful meals that made it easier for those of us coming in from out of town.

We will be buying our tickets for MACNA XX in Atlanta, GA (Sept. 5-7, 2008) VERY shortly!!!

Thanks guys! We'll see you next year (most likely sooner :) )!

downsdway
09/17/2007, 03:15 PM
Steven,

I just wanted to say thank-you for all the effort you put into this years MACNA, I had not attended in almost 10 years and was amazed how it had grown. You and your staff did a great job and the volunteers were fantastic. i can't wait to go to Atlanta next year.

Chris Krechter
X-Flo/RK2 Systems

LOVETHISHOBBY
09/19/2007, 01:41 PM
My first trip to MACNA was awesome! The staff and presenters all did a fantastic job! I need to give special thanks to Steven Pro for his fragging presentation. I’ve never fragged anything before because I was always nervous about harming the coral. Steven demonstrated that there isn’t anything to be nervous about. On Monday, I fragged some Zoanthids. On Tuesday, they opened up and are doing just fine. My fear is gone.

Sonny & Amanda from Mr.Coral.com hooked me up. One of my primary reasons for attending MACNA was to buy corals, mainly Zoanthids. They brought tons of Zoanthids to MACNA. Their prices were very fair and they even threw in some extra goodies for free. I have a 100 gallon tank that had only live rock and a few soft corals in it before MACNA. After MACNA, the tank is full of Zoanthids and a few other soft corals that I purchased from Mr.Coral.com. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for good coral at fair prices.

The representative from Tropic Marin was extremely helpful. I’m sorry that I can’t remember his name, but he definitely knew his stuff that’s for sure. Plus, he gave me samples of items that I already use along with some new products to try out.

I wasn’t sure about going to MACNA due to the cost of the ticket, hotel, etc. I’m sure glad that I went. The samples of salt, additives, food, shirts, etc. given by all the vendors more than made up for the entire cost of the trip. For those who think they cannot afford it. Spend the money and go, you will not be disappointed.

hans1976
09/19/2007, 01:45 PM
The gentleman from Tropic Marin was Lou Ekus - great guy and very knowledgeable.