PDA

View Full Version : we cant be that slick can we?

thejrc
08/13/2007, 10:46 PM
so all of a sudden I'm noticing people announcing frag swaps... I remember the occasional announcement before but nothing like lately... and it got me thinking

Given we're landlocked and nowhere near an ocean
Given we've got less population (thank god) and arent exactly in a state where big cities exist...

I think the clubs doing a helluva job and I'm glad to have found it... it's nice to see people do something actively for a change. anyhow, grats to everyone working on things! It's nice to see movers and shakers in a hobby that has me so engulfed!

on the not so fishy side of things, I've been trying to work with a few of my local clients to get some discounts and am curious as to how well they would go over. I can most likely get discounts from

Tech for Less (computer and electronics liquidator) -- this ones pretty much in the bag

Physiquetransformation.com (online dietary software) -- yup in the bag

SS. Atlantis (tanning salon at austin bluffs and barnes) -- same owners as physique... most likely in the bag

nothin fancy, and I'm not sure how it would play out but discounts are always nice! I can also proably work over some of the local restaraunts like marigolds and such as well.

I guess I need to know if anyone would use these and if so, they've all got cards right?

Huhhhhh
08/14/2007, 09:10 AM
I would say if anyone want's to give a discount for something and are willing to post a flyer or club card in their establishment would be beneficial for getting us noticed more.

Maybe we can have a non reef related sponsor section to the website.

lfduty
08/14/2007, 10:00 AM
I dont see why we can't have non reef related I got my mom's Massage Therapi Shop to sponsor the club at 10% discounts and Tim i need a flyer to put in her shop. I gave her some of the card's that i have and I will be putting a 90g reef tank in the shop for free so they can grow out some frag's for the club. If it's ok with the club I will be asking for help with some frag's for the tank I cant aford all the frag's to go in the tank I will be puting in some of my frag as well.

Thurge
08/14/2007, 10:28 AM
I will have Kelly look into some food sponcership.

reefkoi
08/14/2007, 09:58 PM
This is great, any sponsorship is great. Personally these places are gaining more business and we are getting a discount, why not?
They probably won't be sponsoring an event but then again a restaurant may want to bring food to a meeting sometime you never know right?

Shhhhh we may be starting a trend here that our friend J over at MASSC might want to steal and implement LOL
Chris

thejrc
08/15/2007, 10:44 PM
well given my basement flooded tonight (after a long night from Tech for less getting hit by lightning) I may have managed to talk colorado team steam cleaning out of discounts as well.... tossed him an SCMAS card, we shall see he he