PDA

View Full Version : Achillies and Powder Brown and Tennenti Tang

nauticac4
08/14/2007, 09:52 AM
Will these three coexist? I have heard tangs from the same family will not get along, but I have also seen hundreds of tanks where they do. I have the tennenti tang and powdered brown (same family) and they are buddy buddy. I want an achillies tang but have read good and bad things looking for some opinions.

JetCat USA
08/14/2007, 10:02 AM
my Achilles won't fight with other tangs that have a similar body shape, but he/she will constantly chase them around the tank 24/7 at high speed when first introduced. it ghosted a Naso for 3 days before settling down and then the two completely ignored one another. a Powder Brown i removed after 4 days of the non-stop high speed follow the leader to save the both of them from wearing themselves out. never had a single problem with the Achilles and my Purple, Sailfin or Yellow.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/523/29872tangs.JPG

nauticac4
08/14/2007, 10:07 AM
I was going to add the achillies last, from what I have read people say that they will not pick on the fish already in the tank. I guess Ill see how he looks when the he comes in and go from there.

prugs
08/15/2007, 12:43 AM
I would be worried that the powder brown may go after the achilles. Have a mirror ready to hang on the side of the tank, to distract the PBT, just in case.

nauticac4
08/15/2007, 12:06 PM
Thats actually a great idea...never thought of that before.