PDA

View Full Version : AC2 problem

brucem
08/15/2007, 07:51 PM
I was at home today and the power went out. A little while later I noticed that me x10s were clicking on for a second and then off again about every five minutes. I thought that the x10 was bad but I switched them around. that did not work so I think there is something wrong with my controller. I unplugged it and removed the battery but did not help. Is there a length of time it needs to be unplugged. right now it just keeps turning on and off the selenoid for my calcium reactor. Any help would be appreciated

clp
08/16/2007, 09:47 AM
It sounds like an X10 interference issue. Look at the suggestions below to try and track down the source of the problem:

- Make sure that the control interface is plugged into the AquaController with a 4 conductor telephone cord. The light should blink off when commands are sent out, but otherwise will be on.
- Make sure that the control modules x10 addresses match the configuration of the AquaController. The default AquaController program is listed in the back of the manual.
- The control interface and control modules should plug into the same circuit. If not, you may need to install a signal bridge.
- Do no use power strips with active surge suppression as they can attenuate the x10 signal. Use inexpensive powerstrips.
- With the AquaController try to turn on and off the control modules. Go to Control & Status -> Manual Control. Select the device you are having trouble with and repeatedly turn it on and off. Note that commands are only sent out when you press the select button.
- If you have added any new equipment to your tank, turn it off, and then repeat the Manual control test.
- Try switching to an unused X10 address on the control module and in the AquaController’s configuration.
- Try swapping the control module with a known good one and see if the problem persists.
- Try power cycling the AquaController. Remove the 9V battery and unplug the AC adapter at the same time.
- If nothing is working try shutting off all appliances around your tank, and then try the manual on/off test. If something is causing X10 interference around your tank, it is likely an electronic ballast. Once the interfering device is found use an X10 noies filter (part # NF5) to isolated from the power in your house.
- To avoid X10 noise problems, use the DC4, DC4HD, DC8 boxes instead. They have hardwired control and are immune to powerline noise.

Curt

brucem
08/17/2007, 07:37 AM
When Iwent home yesterday everything was ok