PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf angelfish, and coral compatibilities....

aastretch64
08/16/2007, 12:32 PM
I was considering a tang, but sounds like it would eventually get to be unhappy in my 46 gallon. It was suggested I get a dwarf angelfish, and I really like either the lemonpeel angel or bicolor angel, but I have heard that they go after some stony corals.

Is this true in your experience?

And if so how can I prevent this?

Will it also get along with 2 ocellaris clowns, a 6-line wrasse, (and possilbly a royal gramma)?

Alex

Mark75
08/16/2007, 01:36 PM
I have tried two different Lemonpeels and they all nipped corals!! After some research it seems the Lemonpeel is one of the Dwarf Angels more likely to nip. I have heard the Flame Angel is less likely to nip then other Angels but they may. I really want a Tihitian Flame Angel in my reef but I am still waiting on some more info on how likely they are to bother corals. By the way the Lemonpeel is my wifes favorite fish and that is why I tried two different ones. She still gives me a hard time about not being able to keep her "favorite fish"!

oct2274
08/16/2007, 01:59 PM
i had a flame angel and it nipped montipora, i have a coral beauty that nips digi.........They are a pain in the rear. Some people get good ones, but if you don't want to go through the pain of trying to get them out of your tank, i would avoid them even though they are very beautiful.