PDA

View Full Version : Looks like my cleaner shrimp spawned

Questin
08/16/2007, 05:34 PM
What would be best to help them along as they grow. The ones that have not been eatten have ended up in my sump, and I would have to guess I now have 50 of them swimming around.

All I have for them to eat that I can think of is some red stuff that stinks super bad I got from Scott for my clams.

Any advice?

Huhhhhh
08/16/2007, 07:02 PM
Maybe some cyclopees. I have some frozen ones you can try out if you want.

That's way cool. How much you going to sell them for?

reefkoi
08/16/2007, 08:20 PM
I think you will need live food, i'm thinking contact 'thejrc' it may be too late they will need food fast.
I remember someone in the RMRC forum that had cleaner shrimp spawn and he raised them. maybe post there.
I'll ask Randy @ reefnutrition for you andsee if he thinks any refridgerated stuff will work. I hope they make it, I'd love to buy some off you when they get bigger.

thejrc
08/16/2007, 09:53 PM
I can tap you off some pods if you need, also think instant algae but I'm not sure Pm me and I'll get you a bottle tapped off short order!

lfduty
08/16/2007, 09:57 PM
me to

Rocmtnreef
08/16/2007, 10:48 PM
Questin, I think everyone hit it Clam Powder, Cyclop-eeze and possiably Brine Shimp Food "Can't recall the name" ...

Anyway tooo cool hope you have some that make it. Maybe you can post a pic?

Questin
08/17/2007, 09:01 AM
There are a lot more then 50 I would say, and I the pods I have are bigger then they are, so the will not be eating pods any time soon hehe. But being in the sump they have a lot of algae to play with, plus the clam powder. It will be a long time before they are big enough for anything, but if these really are going to live, my 65 gallon tank will not hold them when they do get big.

I will let you all know how things go, but right now they are non-stop swimming and most are very small and clear. All I can see is the eyes most the time if I don't look real close.