PDA

View Full Version : How to set up timers on my AP24?

Piper1
08/17/2007, 02:04 PM
I have a AquaPod 24 closed top on the way to me. How many power cords are coming off of it, how many for the lights, pump, etc...

I am getting a GFCI power strip to plug most things into, but need to know what is the best way to put a timer on the lights? Would that CoralLife Power strip work decently to control the time my lights are on? What are you guys using with your AP24's?

shouldabenacowboy
08/17/2007, 04:19 PM
For a stock AP24 there are 4 power cords.
1-Actinic light
2-50/50 daylight
3-moonlight
4-stock pump

I have heard mixed reviews about the coarlife power strip, but do not own one so I can not comment on that. I run my lights on seperate timers.

sbc

Slice of Ocean
08/18/2007, 01:43 AM
I have a BC 29 and I went to Target and got 2 cheap timers so my actinic and daylight can each be on a separate timer. It works out well.

MarkGP
08/18/2007, 09:55 AM
Buy a decent power strip and 3 appliance timers to plug into the strip (get one large enough that will accomidate all three timers). You can control all the lights this way and still have room to plug in your pump and heater. IMO, the coralife power center sucks! I've had 3 of them burn out on me all within a month. I bought the powerstrip and seperate timers and all has been good for 3 months now on my 12 gal aquapod!