PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody want some peppermint shrimp?

vessxpress1
08/17/2007, 04:47 PM
I've got two good sized peppermint shrimp I'd like to get rid of ASAP. They are lucky to be alive right now so if somebody local wants them, I will sell them or trade them for something. I really don't need anything but I'd consider just about any small, common zoo colony or a small piece of monti cap. Otherwise, they can go to the first 10 bucks.

Disclaimer: I would highly recommend them to go to a FOWLR tank. They are hard on corals and you cannot target feed with them in the tank. I just got a very small RBTA. I fed it a piece of silverside and then had to stand there for 20 minutes to fend off the shrimp because they will keep coming back. It swallowed the food and was done. I walk away and come back to find one of my shrimp digging it's claws down the RBTA's throat trying to rip the food back out. I almost killed it. I'm tired of them and I want them gone.

Also have a used Seio 620 I could throw in with the deal for a decent frag.

PM me if interested.

SHowald72
08/17/2007, 06:37 PM
Hey Scott, if you are going to be around Winnebago anytime soon I'll take them. I have some glass anemones in my sump and they would hopefully take care of the problem for me. I have plenty of montis and some zoos if you would like some. Later, Shawn.

vessxpress1
08/17/2007, 09:22 PM
Hey Shawn. Sounds like a good place for them to go. It'd be worth a trip just to see your new tank. I still have to catch them though.

I already sold two. I got up early in the morning before work, baited the net with some food and got them out in about 30 seconds. I have wasted a good portion of my night trying to get these other two out. They seem to be more educated and I can't get them to go near the net or get them in open water. I may be able to bait them in the morning though. If I can catch them, I'm off tomorrow and I don't have anything going on. Let me know if you'll be around this weekend and I can probably make it over there.

Thanks.

SHowald72
08/18/2007, 03:43 AM
I am leaving for work now but will be home after one sometime. Give me a call 815-560-2367. Later.

vessxpress1
08/18/2007, 08:36 AM
Finally! I finally got them out this morning. I couldn't coax them out far enough with food so I just had to chase them around with the net and my target feeder. I forced one in the corner to the surface and netted him and the other I had to take the rock out of the tank it was hiding in. I've got them both in a bucket now.

I'll give you a call later today. I might have to come over tomorrow some time if that's ok. It can be whenever.

SHowald72
08/18/2007, 01:22 PM
I should be free, talk to you tomorrow.