PDA

View Full Version : Closed Loop

Nanz
08/18/2007, 11:21 AM
I was considering to change my plumbing on my 75 gallon. It has a Megaflow overflow and a 1.25 and .75 bulkhead. Can I use the .75 bulkhead for a Closed Loop and just plumb my sump return over the back of the tank?

If I use the .75 bulkhead to feed a closed loop is there a good what to keep it from getting clogged?

Please help if you can

jer77
08/18/2007, 01:45 PM
I have a 75g aga with the megaflow and I use both bulkheads as drains. I don't have a CL though, I just have a stronger return pump and plumb the return over the back through a manifold with four outlets. I'm not too sure if you could use the 3/4'' drain bulkhead for a CL, the flow would have to be rather slow.

Nanz
08/18/2007, 02:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10581632#post10581632 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jer77
I have a 75g aga with the megaflow and I use both bulkheads as drains. I don't have a CL though, I just have a stronger return pump and plumb the return over the back through a manifold with four outlets. I'm not too sure if you could use the 3/4'' drain bulkhead for a CL, the flow would have to be rather slow.

What return pump do you use?

Do you have any Powerheads in your tank?