PDA

View Full Version : specks on big bird

reebow in nwfl
08/18/2007, 04:40 PM
Need some guidance from the experts at RC.
Big Bird my yellow tang has been in QT since last Saturday. two days later developed salt grain sized white specks on both pectoral fins and very back edge of his tail. Began treating with Coppersafe and have maintained level between 1.5 and 2.0 ppm for 6 days now eating like a hog no flashing since beginning treatment right pectoral fin has cleared, still two spots on left pec.
and about three spots on his tail. Those look like they are hanging from edge of his tail not actually on it if that makes sense. Should he have cleared by now or is this maybe something else. :rolleyes:

Percula9
08/18/2007, 05:15 PM
Just wait and see what happens. Maintain quarantine untill he is clear of spots.

reebow in nwfl
08/18/2007, 06:17 PM
Had heard not to QT tangs for an entire month since it destroys the bacteria in their gut. Any thoughts???

kuoka
08/18/2007, 07:18 PM
Sounds like ich and you're doing the right things. If you're concerned about all the meds, you can run activated carbon to remove some of them. Other than that, keep an eye on Big Bird and she should be her old yellow self after a few days. Especially if she's eating - that's always a good sign. In the future you might include There Plus pellets into the diet.

Good luck!

reebow in nwfl
08/18/2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks a bunch she looks fine nice bright yellow almost orange nice clear eyes breathing normally, just those white specks which I think bother me more than her

kuoka
08/18/2007, 08:24 PM
given the meds the spots should go away soon

Percula9
08/18/2007, 09:45 PM
The remaining spots could be just residual proteins, they should disappear. If she appears healthy and is eating she can go back in the display tank.

uscharalph
08/19/2007, 12:18 AM
My 2 Cleaner Shrimp in my display tank keep my fish parasite free.