PDA

View Full Version : How do I ween my fuzzy dwarf lion off of live foods.

smokinreefer420
08/19/2007, 11:55 AM
I have a fuzzy dwarf lionfish. I have tried to dangle krill attatched to a string several times and he is not stupid. He knows it is dead. I can't seem to ween him off of live foods. Is there a live food that I can feed him that is not dangerous to his health. I have been feeding him guppies, and smaller freshwater fish, but I know this is bad for him It is better than starving him. Even if someone has a link to where I can buy a safe live food for him would greatly be appreciated or some helpful tips on how to ween him off of live altogether. Thanks

xxseawolf
08/19/2007, 12:09 PM
try putting meaty foods on a stick and see if he will eat it.

Snowboarda42
08/19/2007, 04:54 PM
Live feeder Ghost shrimp are good

I've also heard of putting Mysis in the tank for a while, at the same time you add the guppies

billsreef
08/19/2007, 05:21 PM
Let him get real hungry first ;) Don't feed him for several days to a week than try teasing him with the krill or a piece of silverside. Shouldn't take long for him to catch on, fuzzy dwarfs are usually quick studies :)

Ratatooee
08/19/2007, 06:00 PM
I fed my dwarf fuzzy Krill as his base diet, but as a treat I would give him peppermint shrimp to hunt and eat live every now and then too. Peppermints are only like 5 bucks a pop at my LFS so wasn't too bad as a live alternative every now and then.

xxseawolf
08/19/2007, 06:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10588787#post10588787 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Snowboarda42
Live feeder Ghost shrimp are good

I've also heard of putting Mysis in the tank for a while, at the same time you add the guppies make sure you are buying saltwater ghost shrimp.