PDA

View Full Version : mushroom attaching

milin
08/20/2007, 10:54 AM
i have usually been putting my mushrooms in a small glass bowl in the tank with some sea shells and covering them and the mushroom will attach then i glue it, but i have a mushroom i got a month ago and this method isnt working, any other ideas i can try?

barbra
08/20/2007, 12:25 PM
You can rubberband them to a rock for a few days until they attach.

milin
08/20/2007, 02:14 PM
cool thanks ill give that a try, hopefully i can figure that one out

milin
08/20/2007, 02:16 PM
i also heard sewing would work but im a bit afraid of where to stick a needle through a mushroom at , anyone done that one b4?

coralnut99
08/20/2007, 02:55 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10595137#post10595137 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by milin
i also heard sewing would work but im a bit afraid of where to stick a needle through a mushroom at , anyone done that one b4?

Never done it myself either, but I would stay away from stabbing the mouth. I could be wrong in that you can do it anywhere on the shroom. Plenty of q's like this in the propogation and coralimorph boards.

o.c.d.
08/20/2007, 08:36 PM
wedding vail wrapped over shell or rubble untill attaches. I've also cut 2"pvc one quarter inch with a miter saw then using reef disc two dabs glue making protective pvc ring on disk, wedding vail wrap over. ring method is used for less flow around coral. once it attaches pop pvc ring off with small flat CLEAN screwdriver.

o.c.d.
08/20/2007, 08:37 PM
wedding vail wrapped over shell or rubble untill attaches. I've also cut 2"pvc one quarter inch with a miter saw then using reef disc two dabs glue making protective pvc ring on disk, wedding vail wrap over. ring method is used for less flow around coral. once it attaches pop pvc ring off with small flat CLEAN screwdriver. good luck

chrisdamage
08/21/2007, 03:06 PM
I've tried just about everything listed above with mixed results... I have found rics to be the most finnicky... just keep trying different stuff.

Willi
08/25/2007, 07:38 PM
You can use a piece of plastic mesh that some produce (Brussel sprouts) come in. I usually cover the mushroom with the mesh and rubberband in to a rock for a few days. The mesh holds the muchroom in place but allows it to get light.

Chef Reef
08/27/2007, 11:28 AM
how do you use the rubberband on the mushroom? what part of it do you rubberband down and how tight?