PDA

View Full Version : disease thread not working need help...

NanoReefWanabe
08/20/2007, 03:25 PM
my poor little goby doesnt look so good...

what does he have...how do i get rid of it and is it going to attack my clowns and blue chromis?

was fine when i brought him home...i screwed my self because i dont have a QT...he looked very good at the LFS...and he was the first one go for food, and the fastest so i got him...

one week later and things dont look good...

PLEASE help...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/crazyoldcougar/poortiny.jpg

little white flakey things on him...could be the coton stuff in the disease thread but it isnt working so i cant access it..

this was supposed to be my last fish in my Nano...looks like i may have to buy all new fish now...:( if i dont figure this out..

water parameters are...
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate <10
alk 13 (not good i am going to do a water change to help this out)
Ph 8.1
SG 1.026
temp 78-80*

byt the way he is swimming really quick and seems to be quite lively...but i am scared...

Percula9
08/20/2007, 07:44 PM
Looks like flukes. Remove for a fresh water bath for 5 min. The flukes should fall off to the bottom of the container. Make sure the water is temp and PH corrected. If they show up on your other fish do the same.

NanoReefWanabe
08/20/2007, 08:02 PM
how do i PH correct FW? temp is easy...

i have a ph marine buffer can i add that to the FW to bring it up to 8-ish?

Percula9
08/20/2007, 09:24 PM
Correct, use the marine buffer to bring PH to proper level. Just a tiny bit of buffer should do it. Use a tupperware container.

NanoReefWanabe
08/21/2007, 06:58 PM
okay i did all of this...i kinda got side tracked and left the poor guy in there for about 10 minutes though...it looked like the things were still on him though...i gently brushed him with a tooth brush and through him back in the tank..

i will check him tomorrow and see if i have to FW bath him again...very tough little bugger to pull out my tank too....