PDA

View Full Version : Konus stereoscope is in!

thejrc
08/21/2007, 06:33 PM
All, my Konus dissection scope (finally) showed up today. It's nothing short of amazing, I've got rings around my eyes now from staring through it for the last half hour. I'll have it with me at the meeting in the event anyone wants to examine critters.

so anyhow let it be known, I got a dissection scope in the event anyone needs to examine something in a petri dish of water!

Now if I just had a time manufacturing device so I could spend time with the thing and update my pod site..... ugh

thejrc
08/22/2007, 12:51 AM
cant help but update, I havent moved (well I got a beer or three and hit the restroom but other than that....) since I unpacked this scope! I've already watched these things eat, poop, spawn nauplii, and I think I'm watching a pair mate (not sure... they might be fighting). I've looked at the worms that have invaded my failed and now dumped cultures (except for one that I kept around just for this moment) and cant wait to pull yet more random things out of my tank and check em out.

Sites got a new paged dedicated, and lord only knows whats going to happen.... I'm all into experiment mode now....

wonder if I can get one drunk....

Thurge
08/22/2007, 07:38 AM
SOUNDS LIKE AN EXPERIMENT FOR CALEB!!! :d
"The Effects of Grain Alcohol on Pods."

Do you have a camera mount for the scope so you can take pictures?

thejrc
08/23/2007, 08:51 AM
wish I did, thats the next purchase! (the camera mount not the grain alcohol...)

green wrasse
08/23/2007, 09:53 AM
Hey Joe I keep getting an error when I goto your site now that it cant find it

thejrc
08/23/2007, 01:33 PM
ah site got moved to www.copepodgeek.com

Huhhhhh
08/23/2007, 02:07 PM
Here is a link to a guy who is looking at redbugs.
It's near the bottom of page 7

Redbugs under scope. (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=10618242#post10618242)

Thurge
08/24/2007, 01:16 PM
Joe change your profile, your Little Red house is still pointing to the old site.

And whats wrong with Grain? Goes good with grape kool-aid. :D