PDA

View Full Version : flow in a 70 gal

allanfranklin
08/21/2007, 08:35 PM
I know this has been mention'd but the search function seems to not be working.

I was wondering if there is such a thing as too much flow. I currently have a Koralia #3 and the return from my sump creating flow in my 70 gal. tank, but I have noticed some dead spots that are allowing build up. I was thinking about getting another Koralia #3 but didnt want to make my tank to stressfull for the fish. I currently only have a FOWLR tank but as I save up money I plan to turn it into a tank full of corals.

By the way, those koralia's are AWESOME. such beautiful flow.

What would you all suggest.

steelers2005
08/21/2007, 08:55 PM
I currently have a 70 setup 36x18x24 and am using two koralia 4s (although I just replaced one with a vortech tonight). My tank is sps dominated and I have a variety of fish. It's no problem for them I think they like the heavy flow. I'd get a another 3 for sure and I don't think you'll have any problems with a 4. Good luck.

steelers2005
08/21/2007, 09:29 PM
I currently have a 70 setup 36x18x24 and am using two koralia 4s (although I just replaced one with a vortech tonight). My tank is sps dominated and I have a variety of fish. It's no problem for them I think they like the heavy flow. I'd get a another 3 for sure and I don't think you'll have any problems with a 4. Good luck.

allanfranklin
08/21/2007, 09:30 PM
Awesome! Thats the reponse I was hoping for. I love lots of movement in my tank.