PDA

View Full Version : Soft corals (Kenya, toadstool, fimger, xenia) not doing well

Recife
08/21/2007, 10:16 PM
Hello fellow reefers,
Over the past month or so I have noticed a decline in the health of my soft corals, while the hard corals are as healthy as never.
My xenia who was multiplying like crazy slowly melted and disappeared, the kenya tree had the same fate and the two leather corals (big mushroom and toadstool) don't look great. Both collapsed, but are still alive.

My water parameters look OK: salinity, ph, calcium, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, tenperature). Haven't measured anything else.\

Any idea of what might be causing this?
I have an acro, montipora cap, clam and other LPSs that are all doing great. Yellow polyps and mushrooms don't seem to have been affected either.

Thanks for your help.

sanababit
08/21/2007, 10:33 PM
chemical warfare between corals, run some carbon.

sana

Recife
08/21/2007, 10:38 PM
WOW... I would never have thought of such a thing, not between soft corals anyway. Will a massive water change help too?

sanababit
08/22/2007, 06:19 PM
it will help, but its probably warfare between corals for precious space, i ran a post similar to this one, where some corals where dying and others where thriving, and all paramateres where withing limits, so only answer that i could come up with was probably fighting between corals, they usually do it at night and its just natural, when one seems threaten from another, u can try movinbg them around to another location, good luck

sana