PDA

View Full Version : Snow Flake Eel Compatibility Q

Miamireefer
08/22/2007, 12:18 AM
Hey Folks,

I have a 90 semi aggressive reef. I am posting this Q here because the folks on this board ar emore familiar with eel behaviors and compatibility and would defiitely like a variety of experiences.

My current inhabitants are

2' snowflake eel
2.5" falco hawkfish
2.5" flame angel
3" hamlet

I have been considering the final addition of a Yellowchest Twist Wrasse

http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20041007192118/www.liveaquaria.com/images/products/bigimage/lg_80935.jpg

Now my question is do these fish absolutely require the sandbed for sleeping and would my eel give this fish a hard time . I ask because I attempted a leopard wrasse once (I know they are punks) and it just kept getting scard because the eel would pick up its scent in the sand and begin to push his head slightly in the sand to see who was there.

I just want other folks opinions on mixing both of these animals.

THANKS ALOT!

Nick

Marco67
08/22/2007, 11:41 AM
I've had my snowflake for about 3 years now (30").
He's had many roommates damsels, tangs, large wrasses, blennies, but the ones he eats every time I try are the smaller wrasses (fairies, flashers leopards)

Miamireefer
08/22/2007, 07:12 PM
lol.....thats funny ...Like I had mentioned I tried a leopard and my snowflake for whatever reason just didn't seem to like him...I had to take him out within 15 minutes of his intro... Thanks again for sharing!

My snowflake is about 24-25" now but has grown more in girth rather than length.. He is definitely looking meaner as he gets thicker but still gets put in his place by my small flame angel,,, funny how that ****e works out