PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Plz!!! Claki clowns fighting what to do?

3fins
08/22/2007, 05:13 PM
Hey guys, i just got another claki clown for my tank in an attempt to make them a mated pair. however the bigger one "bozo" is my first one. He keeps trying to nip the other one ....is this normal?
Should just let nature take its corse? or should i ..break it up.
plz help i dont want him to die
thanks 3fins

3fins
08/22/2007, 05:23 PM
plz guys im not kidding help...fighting...what to do?...

3fins
08/22/2007, 05:34 PM
Clarkii

gemini aquarius(t)
08/22/2007, 06:37 PM
its kinda debatable. can we have more description on how they are fighting
i would break it up but thats just me. no mated pair is worth the risk of killin a clown

3fins
08/22/2007, 07:01 PM
the new clown..will come out of hiding and Bozo will chase . somtimes trying to nip..the clowns only a 1" long and is very fast and can hide in the smaller craks . Are they just seeing whos the dominat femal?
How long does it take?
is there a way i can make it easer for the new clown
thanks
3fins

blumarlin
08/23/2007, 08:32 PM
I couldnt decide on a clarki or a maroon (both hosting a bta) @ our lfs. I chose the maroon. A week later, my husband surprised me w/ the clarki & his bta (came home from work to find them in my tank:eek1:) Even though the clarki was 2" larger than the maroon, the maroon terrorized the clarki & tried to take over his annemone (he would go back & forth to each annemone). My clarki had frayed, nipped fins, but after about a week, they worked it out & get along just fine now. I would give it a few more days. I am still pretty new @ this hobby, but I think SHE is trying to show who is boss..........Its a girl thing:rollface:

3fins
08/23/2007, 08:49 PM
ROFL

Jamie1210
08/23/2007, 09:15 PM
i think that so long as the smaller one has a good hiding place tha the bigger fish can't get to, it should be ok ... but defnitely keep an eye out on them for the next few days

~jamie

Random Aquarist
08/24/2007, 08:51 AM
I'd use the Maroon Clownfish pairing method (seen in FAQ's).

3fins
08/24/2007, 09:24 AM
Update, They clowns have stoped there fighting and are now buddies. They swim together and look as if they play with each other. My baby clown ( new one) was so tired of being niped at, he just fell down on the sand panting. So i helped im and moved im on a rock and went to bed trying not to think about it. Came back in the morning and..they werent fighting and the baby clown was swimming like nothing happend.
thanks for all the help guys
3fins