PDA

View Full Version : Pygmy Angles information

scotmc
08/22/2007, 08:50 PM
I am looking to get two Pygmy angles for my 90 tank. What two get along? I have read they should not be kept togeather. I also read, they can be kept togeather if tank is larger than a 75g.

Konadog
08/22/2007, 09:49 PM
You might try asking this question in the Reef Fishes Forum (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=88) for an answer.

Gwynhidwy
08/22/2007, 10:20 PM
I have not kept two myself, but I have known people who have done so long term successfully. I think it helps if they are not overcrowded by other fish, have plenty of rock for hiding, and you choose two species that are fairly different in coloration. For instance I know someone who has a lemon peel and a coral beauty together in a 75 and they do not bother each other. They have been together for more than two years. I think it would probably help to introduce them both to the tank simultaneously as well.

chaungo
08/23/2007, 06:45 PM
I have an Atlantic Pygmy Angel and a Potters Angel together in a 120 with lots of rock and other fish. The Pygmy went in first. The Potters second because he is larger in size. So there isn't any bickering at all.

Victor1046
08/23/2007, 06:53 PM
Do you plan on having corals? Double check to be sure these guys don't bother your corals if so....
Just my 2 cents.