PDA

View Full Version : Anemone Compatability Amongst other Anemones

Bmgrocks
08/25/2007, 08:28 AM
Wanting to create a Anemone Dominated tank, but wonder about Anemone compatability?

Are Different species dangerous to each other, Like LTA's and BTA's touching Saebaes? (true Saebae, H. Malu) I would think they would be?
Just looking for some advice or expierences

traveller7
08/25/2007, 08:45 AM
In my experience, mixed hosting anemone tanks eventually narrow themselves down to 1 or 2 species. Long term, I would recommend keeping hosting anemones separate from each other or in species specific colonies.

davocean
08/25/2007, 08:52 AM
Look down below at TODDRTREX's "just sharing some pictures"to see a couple LTA's together, looks really nice w/ the two being different colors, but same species.
When I first got my sebae and LTA, they moved towards each other and looked stressed when touching, so I lean towards no mixing species myself.

gberry
08/25/2007, 09:47 AM
I have a BTA and LTA in a 55 gal tank. They're about 2 feet away horizontally and 1 foot vertically from one another. So no worries of contact short term. Luckily both are quite content where they're living, neither have moved at all once they got settled.

Haddonisreef
08/25/2007, 01:44 PM
Im about to add a Green carpet (haddoni) wiht my rbtas! The carpet is 6 in going to put it on far L in the sand and allow rbtas to stay in the rock work. wellls e waht happens;:)

shred5
08/25/2007, 02:45 PM
The anemones touching is not the only problem it seems that there is chemical warfare that goes on when you mix anemones of different species. some seem to be ok but allot do not like to be in the same tank as any other species and it should be avoided.

Dave