PDA

View Full Version : Buckeye RODI

frags75
08/27/2007, 10:14 AM
Just looking for some reviews on this unit. How good are they? Hows the costomer service? I am ready to buy a RODI unit and have it narrowed down to the BFS 161 premium or the filter guys ocean wave 75plus. Any thoughts on these two? Which one should I go with? Please Help

AZDesertRat
08/27/2007, 10:29 AM
Very similar units and both good vendors. Both are RC sponsors and will do you right. I think in this case I would give the edge to the Buckeye Premium unit since it comes with a handheld TDS meter, flush valve and a built in pressure gauge as part of the package. On the other hand the Filter Guys include a autoshutoff valve which you will probably want too. It is still cheaper though to add a ASOV to the Premium than add a pressure gauge and handheld meter to the Ocean Wave+ .
Either way you can't go wrong. I would talk to both vendors and see who makes you happy, both build quality units and have lots of satisfied customers here on RC.

mg426
08/27/2007, 10:40 AM
I have dealt with both Vendors. Both are top notch, I say flip a coin.

old salty
08/27/2007, 02:29 PM
I have done business with BFS and will highly recommend them to anyone looking to purchase an RO/DI unit.

marcrothschild
08/27/2007, 03:53 PM
BFS is great, I have had to trobleshoot my system a couple of times over the years, and he has always returned my phone calls promptly to help me diagnose the problem. Parts/filters are shipped out the same or next day.