PDA

View Full Version : Ricordia Propagation????

b0bby1
08/27/2007, 09:35 PM
hey guys, i have a 20 gallon tank that is mainly dominated by acan lords, zoas and palys, and now florida ricordia. i have about 5 polyps of it but am recieving a shipment of 50 soon. i plan on making little patches of 20+polyps around my tank. my question is should i space them out a bit to let them growout? how fast will they grow under MH's? will they multiply or just grow in size?

aquarius77
08/28/2007, 01:43 AM
They multiply. Your going to have a housefull.

b0bby1
08/28/2007, 07:46 AM
so im guessing i should space them a little bit apart intsted of packing them in to little bunches. when you say "grow" do you mean they grow size wise or they multiply making new rics?

Reefmack
08/28/2007, 08:31 AM
Same question here. I've had a couple yumas that came attached to small, but broken pieces of LR rubble. After gluing the rubble in place part of the rubble would become detached from my LR, and I'd cut off the hanging piece with some of the base attached, In these cases the small pieces of rubble with a little base flesh left on them have developed bright green growths on them - new mouths forming. They look to be the same color as the green mouths on the parent yumas, and I'm thinking these will grow into new yumas???

I've also seen some base extensions spreading out from a couple yumas, now developing the bright green nodes on them. Is this also a case of how they multiply?

Thanks