PDA

View Full Version : ASM G3 Recirculation mod problem

Dirt4dinner
08/29/2007, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I have an ASM G3 that I bought from ASMSKimmer.com about a year ago. It has been a good skimmer...for the most part. When I ordered it I had them do the recir mod and gate valve.
I have had ENDLESS problems though, with the bottom hole on skimmer body that was made for the recirc mod. It is where the water is sucked into the pump from the skimmer body. It has always leaked a tiny bit around that seal making it tough to keep the water level in the skimmer high enough to get the skimmate into the collection cup. For the past month, it has leaked so bad that I CAN NOT get skimmate up into the cup. Has anyone had a problem like this with their G Series skimmers? Has anyone tried to use an aquarium sealant around that bottom hole?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

SlowCobra
08/29/2007, 05:11 PM
Sounds like the hole was made too big for the uni-seal. Or the uni-seal is bad. Try replacing it with a new uni-seal and see what happens.

diciple
08/30/2007, 08:40 PM
does your feed pump keep water level high enough ?say to bottom of skimmer neck?also drie off skimmer and pump put bead of silicone around leak and let dri over nite.

Dirt4dinner
08/30/2007, 09:30 PM
pump will keep the water level around the bottom of the neck...but only after lots of moving that uniseal around a little at a time. However, right now, it is just BARELY making a skimmate. Once it starts to act up again, I will dry the whole darn thing out and try to silicone the uniseal. If that doesn't work I will replace the uniseal and silicone the new one in from the start. The biggest problem, is that I barely have enough room for the skimmer and the pump in my sump, let alone enough room to be trying to reposition the darn thing. Hopefully I can get this solved once and for-all. Thanks for the advice!